Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The experience Write Non-Fiction

This article was obtained by me in the Forum for FLP Hong Kong. Hopefully helped and brightened.

Allow me to share the experience about wrote non-fiction. The experience that really personal, because I was convinced we respectively had style that was different. Hopefully continued to give the benefit.

Initially, wrote non-fiction not something that was interesting for me, because since small I more liked to read books a group Lima Sekawan, or the classic book a kind of Robin Hood and Ivanhoe, or the puppet story (this still to my hobby now, especially because the content his value of the character that was high). I just was interested better understanding the writing of non-fiction after beginning to scrutinise works naturalist a kind of David Attenborough, David Quammen, or David Stokes. That made me fall in love with their work was the simple delivery method, the way it is, but the draught thought, and strangely for me, there his beauty! Then I also afterwards tried to write works of non-fiction about natural. And because by chance I choosed in the field insects, then was insects became my fad "casualties" wrote. The uniqueness, the intensity, the insects peculiarity was completely translated by me in my works. Results of two books that were published in 1994 and 1997. There were several matters that were noted down by me for friends for the process of the writing of these works.

1. I did not know, why did I tend to use the style wrote spoke. So if being paid close attention to, all of my articles certainly said an incident with "my" leading figure as the speaker. This style most was good to be used by me, because flexible. Meaning that, I was not loaded to look for the other leading figure. I did not know, what was this style of being suitable for the writer of fiction? But for me who tried to explore the problem that was connected with nature, this speaking style was most appropriate, flexible and flowed. I remembered words of one of the editors of the big publisher who published my first book. He say that had been never that wrote with the style like that to the writer of non-fiction that his book was published by his publisher. At that time I only said, so my style, and I will never change him, because there my strength, at the same time my enjoyment. He smiled and nodded-angguk agreed. He said, I also felt the same with you, because if that your typical characteristics, that is why became your strength also.

to be continued.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of your blue typewriter. That's cool!

MM

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit and comment